Endo-CubeThe EndoCube is a simple device that fits over the thermostat probe on a refrigerator or freezer. Reduce your refrigeration energy costs by up to 22% and often more.
Manufacturer: Universal Master Products
Inside the EndoCube is a food simulant that has been proven by the American NSF to mimic the properties of refrigerated food and beverages. Now, rather than responding to rapidly fluctuating refrigerated air temperature, the EndoCube allows the refrigeration system to respond to food temperature instead.
The EndoCube provides the existing thermostat with product temperature instead of air temperature, a far more accurate measurement. This more accurate and stable temperature causes the compressor to run fewer, but much longer cycles. These longer cycles allow refrigerated food to cool for a longer period of time with a wider ‘cooled air’ effect, in essence this creates a far more efficient cooling system.
So how does Endocube save you money?
Because the compressor is cycling less (often up to 80% less), the life of the compressor is extended. Since it is also operating more efficiently, less energy is used. Multiple case studies have demonstrated that refrigeration systems use between 14% to 22% less energy with the EndoCube fitted, while maintaining a correct refrigerated temperature.
NSF International Certification
The EndoCube is a temperature-mimicking sensor (TMS1) tested under protocol P235 by NSF International, thee US Standards authority. It is designed for refrigeration containing dairy, meat, ready meals and other food products meant to be maintained at or below 5°C (41°F). The EndoCube is designed to accurately reflect the temperature of food under refrigerated conditions and warm more quickly than most food products upon equipment failure. (1TMS is a seperate, non-invasive device consisting of food simulant material with a thermocouple or thermoresistor attached.)
NSF International’s mission is to protect you by certifying products and writing standards for food, water and consumer goods. As an independent not-for-profit organization, NSF International’s ongoing public health commitment is to encourage everyone to live safer”
Under the performance requirements of Protocol P235, Endocube has passed the following tests:
- The temperature indicated by Endocube is between ±2° F of the refrigerated food products 15mm below their surface during the normal refrigeration operations test. The purpose of the test is to ensure Endocube accurately mimics the food product temperatures.
- The temperature indicated by Endocube is no more than 2° F lower and no more than ±5° higher than the refrigerated food products during the warm up test which imitates a refrigeration failure. The purpose of the test is for endocube to indicate a higher temperature than the food products to provide advanced warning and allows users to take remedial actions.
- Under Protocol P235 Endocube is also required to adhere to standards ANSI/NSF 2 for Food Equipment Materials Requirements and ANSI/NSF 2 for Food Equipment Requirements for Design & Construction. Both of these standards ensure that the Endocube’s design is easily cleanable and the materials used are not harmful when operated in the refrigeration environment
Top 10 Reasons you Need Endocube:
1. Reduce your refrigeration energy costs by up to 22% and often more
2. Increase the lifespan of your refrigeration equipment
3. No ongoing maintenance, monthly or yearly fees
4. Give your customers great quality and fresher produce
5. Reduce servicing/repair costs to your equipment
6. Increase your bottom line profits by reducing utility costs
7. ONE DAY installation with no downtime
8. Retro fits any type of commercial refrigeration